Saturday, July 2, 2011

Green spec. homes selling faster


Well at least the last one I drew did. A great builder I know was looking to update his product line for a specific market in the Columbia area. He had a great lot in a great neighborhood, just needed a great home plan. The fact that he's one of my greenest builders didn't hurt either. He called to tell me that he was under contract before the windows were installed. He was excited. I was too! I went to take a few pics, and they were textbook green construction. Sealed crawl space, trusses and Tji floor joists, sealed shoe at exterior walls, great insulation job, tech shield sheathing on the roof,and zip wall sheathing for the walls. Energy star windows correctly flashed and sealed, and tight ductwork. Of course I'm super proud of the plan I drew him, but just as proud of the construction job he did. The new homeowner will easily have half the power bills of his neighbors! (more pics posted on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Square-One-Design-Service/227662113916039

No comments:

Post a Comment